I don’t know about you but I love coconut and I really love cinnamon. I think the only thing I would add to this recipe might be some Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract. And I would replace the maple syrup with raw, local organic honey. Other than that, it looks fabulous, doesn’t it?
COCONUT CINNAMON GLUTEN FREE CEREAL
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (I used this)
½ cup raw sunflower seeds (like this)
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup maple syrup (like this)
1 large egg
½ teaspoon melted coconut oil (I used this)
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Place the coconut shreds and sunflower seeds in a food processor and grind for 30 seconds.
3) Add the cinnamon, salt, maple syrup, egg, and coconut oil and pulse until combined, about 2
4) Scoop the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Cover with a second piece of parchment paper
and with a rolling pin, roll to ¼-inch thick. Remove and discard the top piece of parchment
5) With a wet knife, score the dough into 1-inch squares.
6) Place in the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until firm to the touch. Remove from the oven
and let sit on the pan for 15 minutes to allow it to crisp up.
7) Store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Originally posted at BUTTER NUTRITION